The purpose of this page is to collect well-known AOT problems, and prioritize them for improvement. What are the most important problems preventing AOT from being viable for you on your project?
Known problems captured in tickets (search for open issues labeled AOT):
CLJ-1330 - Class name clash between top-level functions and defn'ed ones(fixed in 1.7.0-alpha4) CLJ-1315 - Don't initialize classes when importing them(fixed in 1.7.0-alpha4) CLJ-1241 - NPE when AOTing overrided clojure.core functions(fixed in 1.7.0-alpha2)
- CLJ-1604 - AOT bug prevents overriding of clojure.core functions (screened for 1.7.0)
- CLJ-979 - map->R returns different class when invoked from AOT code (maybe a fix for 1.7.0??)
- CLJ-322- Enhance AOT compilation process to emit classfiles only for explicitly-specified namespaces
- CLJ-130 - Namespace metadata lost in AOT compile
- CLJ-1544 - AOT bug involving namespaces loaded before AOT compilation started
Please tag open issues in JIRA that are not listed here as "AOT". If something is missing, please log an issue. If you want to add an experience report that goes beyond issues, please comment here.