Clojure

document :pre and :post

Details

  • Type: Enhancement Enhancement
  • Status: Closed Closed
  • Resolution: Completed
  • Affects Version/s: None
  • Fix Version/s: Release 1.1
  • Component/s: None
  • Labels:
    None

Activity

Hide
Assembla Importer added a comment -
Show
Assembla Importer added a comment - Converted from http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clojure/tickets/221
Hide
Assembla Importer added a comment -

stuart.sierra said: Pre/Post Documentation added to "Changes in 1.1" document at http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeEMlyQZQkUMZGhxM2hyOV8zNXBucjNmeGc1&hl=en

Show
Assembla Importer added a comment - stuart.sierra said: Pre/Post Documentation added to "Changes in 1.1" document at http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeEMlyQZQkUMZGhxM2hyOV8zNXBucjNmeGc1&hl=en
Hide
Assembla Importer added a comment -

oranenj said: I have patches to document this in fn's docstring (it's almost the same text as in the changes document), but it feels like the wrong place for it. First of all, it applies to defn and defmacro as well of course, since they expand to fn... but that's not obvious, and it would have to be explained in defn's docstring. Secondly, think it simply makes the documentation for fn too long.

So, how about adding some dummy vars for documenting "general" features and then just point people to them in fn/defn/defmacro/whatever? Something like (def #^{:doc "whatever"} feature-function-conditions)

We could also have similar dummy vars for feature-transients etc. They would stand out in the API doc, making the features easier to discover, too.

Show
Assembla Importer added a comment - oranenj said: I have patches to document this in fn's docstring (it's almost the same text as in the changes document), but it feels like the wrong place for it. First of all, it applies to defn and defmacro as well of course, since they expand to fn... but that's not obvious, and it would have to be explained in defn's docstring. Secondly, think it simply makes the documentation for fn too long. So, how about adding some dummy vars for documenting "general" features and then just point people to them in fn/defn/defmacro/whatever? Something like (def #^{:doc "whatever"} feature-function-conditions) We could also have similar dummy vars for feature-transients etc. They would stand out in the API doc, making the features easier to discover, too.
Hide
Assembla Importer added a comment -

richhickey said: I put doc for pre/post in http://clojure.org/special_forms

Show
Assembla Importer added a comment - richhickey said: I put doc for pre/post in http://clojure.org/special_forms

People

  • Assignee:
    Unassigned
    Reporter:
    Anonymous
Vote (0)
Watch (0)

Dates

  • Created:
    Updated:
    Resolved: