Affects Version/s: Release 1.2
Fix Version/s: Approved Backlog
This ticket includes two patches:
- a patch to set assert when clojure.lang.RT loads, based on the presence of system property clojure.debug
- expand error messages in assert to include local-bindings</code> (a new macro which wraps the implicit <code>&env)
Things to consider before approving these patches:
- should there be an easy Clojure-level way to query if debug is enabled? (checking assert isn't the same, as debug should eventually drive other features)
- assertions will now be off by default – this is a change!
- is the addition of the name local-bindings to clojure.core cool?