Clojure

clojure.core/definterface is not included in the API docs

Details

  • Type: Defect Defect
  • Status: Closed Closed
  • Priority: Minor Minor
  • Resolution: Completed
  • Affects Version/s: Release 1.3
  • Fix Version/s: Release 1.5
  • Component/s: None
  • Labels:
  • Patch:
    Code
  • Approval:
    Ok

Description

Is definterface meant to be a public API? If yes, then it needs a docstring.

Activity

Hide
Tassilo Horn added a comment -

This patch obsoletes the previous one. The only addition is the insertion of :added metadata which is needed to make the tests pass.

Show
Tassilo Horn added a comment - This patch obsoletes the previous one. The only addition is the insertion of :added metadata which is needed to make the tests pass.
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Field Original Value New Value
Attachment 0010-Add-docstring-to-definterface.patch [ 10789 ]
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Attachment 0006-Add-docstring-to-definterface.patch [ 10786 ]
Hide
Tassilo Horn added a comment -

Updated patch.

Show
Tassilo Horn added a comment - Updated patch.
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Attachment 0001-Add-docstring-and-added-metadata-to-definterface.patch [ 10984 ]
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Attachment 0010-Add-docstring-to-definterface.patch [ 10789 ]
Hide
Stuart Sierra added a comment -

Screened, pending question for Rich: "Is definterface meant to be a public API?"

Show
Stuart Sierra added a comment - Screened, pending question for Rich: "Is definterface meant to be a public API?"
Stuart Sierra made changes -
Waiting On richhickey
Approval Screened [ 10004 ]
Description The Clojure API docs at http://clojure.github.com/clojure/index.html don't list {{definterface}} at all, although this macro is more convenient to use than {{gen-interface}}, which appears in the API docs. This applies to the API docs of all versions from 1.1 to 1.4.

Probably, that's because {{definterface}} doesn't have a docstring. The attached patch adds one.

As a side-note: Why doesn't {{definterface}} allow for specifying super-interfaces as {{gen-interface}} does using its :extends clause?
Is {{definterface}} meant to be a public API? If yes, then it needs a docstring.
Priority Major [ 3 ] Minor [ 4 ]
Rich Hickey made changes -
Fix Version/s Approved Backlog [ 10034 ]
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Attachment 0001-Add-docstring-and-added-metadata-to-definterface.patch [ 10984 ]
Hide
Tassilo Horn added a comment -

Rebased patch on current master.

Show
Tassilo Horn added a comment - Rebased patch on current master.
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Attachment 0001-Add-docstring-and-added-metadata-to-definterface.patch [ 11275 ]
Hide
Stuart Sierra added a comment -

Screened again. Still applies as of commit 1c8eb16a14ce5daefef1df68d2f6b1f143003140

Show
Stuart Sierra added a comment - Screened again. Still applies as of commit 1c8eb16a14ce5daefef1df68d2f6b1f143003140
Hide
Stuart Halloway added a comment -

The CLJ-971 patch I just added is the same as the original with grammar corrections.

Show
Stuart Halloway added a comment - The CLJ-971 patch I just added is the same as the original with grammar corrections.
Stuart Halloway made changes -
Attachment CLJ-917-definterface.patch [ 11578 ]
Stuart Halloway made changes -
Waiting On richhickey
Fix Version/s Approved Backlog [ 10034 ]
Fix Version/s Release 1.5 [ 10150 ]
Rich Hickey made changes -
Approval Screened [ 10004 ] Ok [ 10007 ]
Hide
Tassilo Horn added a comment -

Patch including Stu's grammar/typo fixes.

Sorry, contributors like to show up in the commit history, so I couldn't resist stealing my patch back from you.

Show
Tassilo Horn added a comment - Patch including Stu's grammar/typo fixes. Sorry, contributors like to show up in the commit history, so I couldn't resist stealing my patch back from you.
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Tassilo Horn made changes -
Attachment 0001-Add-docstring-and-added-metadata-to-definterface.patch [ 11275 ]
Stuart Halloway made changes -
Resolution Completed [ 1 ]
Status Open [ 1 ] Closed [ 6 ]

People

Vote (0)
Watch (2)

Dates

  • Created:
    Updated:
    Resolved: