ClojureScript

Internet Explorer treats \uFDD0 up to \uFDEF as equal so some keyword and symbol related things do not work

Details

  • Type: Defect Defect
  • Status: Closed Closed
  • Priority: Major Major
  • Resolution: Completed
  • Affects Version/s: None
  • Fix Version/s: None
  • Component/s: None
  • Labels:
    None
  • Environment:
    Clojurescript HEAD, tested ond IE7 and IE8

Description

Internet Explorer treats \uFDD0 up to \uFDEF as equal. e.g. '(= \uFDD0 \uFDD1)' returns true.
Therefore e.g. '(symbol? :whatever)', '(symbol? (keyword "whatever"))' and so on return true which obviously shouldn't happen.
Further on read-string does not correctly unmarshal keywords because of that issue.
Using pr-str on that unicode range returns ":" for all codes.
All other non IE Browsers I've tested (Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Opera, iOS BRowser, etc...) do not expose this problem and work as expected.

Some context: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5188679/whats-the-purpose-of-the-noncharacters-ufdd0-to-ufdef

Activity

David Nolen made changes -
Field Original Value New Value
Attachment CLJS_139.patch [ 10800 ]
David Nolen made changes -
Assignee David Nolen [ dnolen ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment unicodetest.zip [ 10898 ]
David Nolen made changes -
Description Internet Explorer treats \uFDD0 up to \uFDEF as equal. e.g. '(= \uFDD0 \uFDD1)' returns true.
Therefore e.g. '(symbol? :whatever)', '(symbol? (keyword "whatever"))' and so on return true which obviously shouldn't happen.
Further on read-string does not correctly unmarshal keywords because of that issue.
Using pr-str on that unicode range returns ":" for all codes.
All other non IE Browsers I've tested (Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Opera, iOS BRowser, etc...) do not expose this problem and work as expected.
Internet Explorer treats \uFDD0 up to \uFDEF as equal. e.g. '(= \uFDD0 \uFDD1)' returns true.
Therefore e.g. '(symbol? :whatever)', '(symbol? (keyword "whatever"))' and so on return true which obviously shouldn't happen.
Further on read-string does not correctly unmarshal keywords because of that issue.
Using pr-str on that unicode range returns ":" for all codes.
All other non IE Browsers I've tested (Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Opera, iOS BRowser, etc...) do not expose this problem and work as expected.

Some context: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5188679/whats-the-purpose-of-the-noncharacters-ufdd0-to-ufdef
David Nolen made changes -
Attachment 139_fix_unicode_emit.patch [ 10913 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10947 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10947 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10948 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10948 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10949 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10949 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10966 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
Attachment general-escaping-emit-constant.patch [ 10966 ]
Thomas Scheiblauer made changes -
David Nolen made changes -
Resolution Completed [ 1 ]
Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
David Nolen made changes -
Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]

People

Vote (0)
Watch (2)

Dates

  • Created:
    Updated:
    Resolved: