Clojure-Contrib

Named agent-log function defined within log macro not found at runtime

Details

  • Type: Defect Defect
  • Status: Closed Closed
  • Resolution: Completed
  • Affects Version/s: None
  • Fix Version/s: None
  • Component/s: None
  • Labels:
    None

Description

Per an email from Richard Newman:

By adding print statements to the various 'discovery' macros I could confirm that a logging framework was being found. However, when my app (servlet in this case) actually executed a log statement, I got an error that clojure.contrib.logging/agent-log was undefined.

This confused me, because the presence of any send-log form should cause it to be defined in the macroexpansion. My code simply called (log :info "some string"), which eventually expands into (amongst other things) a send-log form.

Simply lifting the function definition out of the macro made the problem go away

Activity

Hide
Assembla Importer added a comment -

ataggart said: [file:cz6050F98r3RuieJe5aVNr]: Patch solves the issue as well as cleaned up the implementation.

Show
Assembla Importer added a comment - ataggart said: [file:cz6050F98r3RuieJe5aVNr]: Patch solves the issue as well as cleaned up the implementation.
Hide
Assembla Importer added a comment -

tomfaulhaber said: Late on Sunday night, I didn't think about it too hard. So I hope Alex got it right and I applied it right!

Show
Assembla Importer added a comment - tomfaulhaber said: Late on Sunday night, I didn't think about it too hard. So I hope Alex got it right and I applied it right!

People

  • Assignee:
    Unassigned
    Reporter:
    Anonymous
Vote (0)
Watch (0)

Dates

  • Created:
    Updated:
    Resolved: