- DDL support is weak, e.g., http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/JDBC-2 JDBC-2 table spec support - DONE; but more DDL support could / should be added
- Inconsistencies between structmaps, tuples and regular maps (
JDBC-3); no longer uses structmap - API is still inconsistent with maps and sequences
- Global connection variable (db) and lack - will be addressed in upcoming API overall
- Lack of connection pooling (
JDBC-4); perhaps better served thru 3rd party pooling, e.g., c3p0 ?- documented
- Inability to extend the processing, lack of HOF hooks, e.g.,
JDBC-6 allow pre-processing of PreparedStatement- in progress
- Updating state is not signified with !
- API feels imperative, not functional / idiomatic for Clojure
- MySQL 5.0 - 5.5 (using the 5.1.6 connector)
- PostgreSQL - 8.2 upward (tested against 8.4-702.jdbc4 driver)
- SQL Server - 2008 (should 2005 be supported?) - tested with jtds 1.2.4 and the Microsoft sqljdbc4 3.0 driver
- Derby 10.8.1.2 (should earlier versions be supported?)
- HSQLDB 126.96.36.199 (should earlier versions be supported?)
- SQLite 3 (using the org.xerial/sqlite-jdbc 3.7.2 driver)
- Oracle ????
The build system needs to be updated to run tests against at least some of these. Currently c.j.j is unique in requiring such external resources for testing.