- DDL support is weak, e.g., JDBC-2 table spec support - DONE; but more DDL support could / should be added
- Inconsistencies between structmaps, tuples and regular maps (JDBC-3)
- Global connection variable (db) and lack of connection pooling (JDBC-4); perhaps better served thru 3rd party pooling, e.g., c3p0?
- Inability to extend the processing, lack of HOF hooks, e.g., JDBC-6 allow pre-processing of PreparedStatement - in progress
- Updating state is not signified with !
- API feels imperative, not functional / idiomatic for Clojure