- Would Clojure apps now all depend on Joda? No. Joda is only a requirement for building Clojure itself. (Maven's "provided" dependency scope keeps the static tools at bay, and Joda is only loaded dynamically if present.)
- What about localization, time zones, etc? These are not part of the semantics of an instant. You can choose a local representation that complects this, but you should not assume it will be conveyed by print/read.
- What about types that lack resolution to match what ISO8601 can say? Sorry! Bind an instant reader that produces a better type of live with your impoverished local rep.
- RH - instant reader is a bad name, as it is not a reader in the sense the reader is. More like a parsing function. Or let's just call it the read-instant function and not name what it is.
- It would be cool if there were a library for manipulating instants with convenient Clojure syntax. Darn straight. Let's have a contrib for this.