- The "master" branch in GitHub must have a pom.xml file with a -SNAPSHOT version, not a bare version number
- Log in to Hudson
- Navigate to your project's home page (example)
- Click "Perform Maven Release" link on the left
- On the "Perform Maven Release" page:
- Select "Specify one version for all modules"
- In the "Release Version" field, enter the version number for this release of your project
- This will normally be the current development version with the "-SNAPSHOT" suffix removed
- In the "Development version" field, enter the version number for the subsequent development version of your project
- This will end with "-SNAPSHOT"
- Click "Schedule Maven Release Build"
- After the build completes successfully:
- `git pull` on your development machine to get the new release tags
- The release JAR file will be uploaded to the Sonatype OSS staging repositoryWithin 24 hours, the release JAR file will be uploaded
- NEW: Notify the clojure-dev list of your staged release
- NEW: An admin will release it for promotion to the Maven Central repositoryRepository
- (These are temporary until we work out how to automate releases on new Sonatype Nexus server.)
Contrib Release Numbering Policy