This is a big pain when working with big Java data at the REPL. I propose that, when their print forms are not overridden in derived classes, objects that implement the core Java collection interfaces print so that their contents are
- with the same rep as Clojure's persistent collections
- subject to the various print binding flags
Not in scope
- Per Rich's comment in the discussion, Java collections should not expose their type in print rep, so an array list should print as e.g.
- like any other sequential collection.
- Print/read roundtripping
- no way to do it for arbitrary Java classes
- adds significant complexity
- to a specific concrete type