Alternate string quote syntaxes
- doc strings with examples could be more human readable
XML, JSON or SQL generation tests become filled with escaped quotes
Python-like triple quoted strings
- relatively simple syntax
- minor breaking change - """""" which is 3 empty strings would now be interpreted as only one empty string
- have to add reader macro
- breaking change to every other tool that reads Clojure syntax
- including regexp-based syntax colorers, etc.
String Interpolation / Templating
- is the built-in format function enough?
- Already exists
- Separate file for each string
- Can't use for macro-interpreted things like doc strings
- In tests, having the test data separate from the test itself is hard to read