Alternate string quote syntaxes
Python-like triple quoted strings
- relatively simple syntax, for humans and parsers
- minor breaking change - """""" which is 3 empty strings would now be interpreted as only one empty string
- have to add reader macro
- breaking change to every other tool that reads Clojure syntax
- including regexp-based syntax colorers, etc.
Pros: slightly more flexible than triple-quotes
Cons: more complex syntax
String Interpolation / Templating
- is the built-in format function enough?
- Separate file for each string
- Can't use for macro-interpreted things like doc strings
- In tests, having the test data separate from the test itself is hard to read