Working with binary I/O often requires imperative-style interop. Testing binary I/O, interactively or non-, is made harder by the lack of a literal representations for byte streams.
How can we represent an ordered, possibly infinite, collection of bytes?
Ideally, this representation would be:
- representable as a string in a specific encoding
- compatible with Clojure's sequence API
- efficient for streaming I/O of large binary objects
- lazy, i.e., the entire collection need not exist in memory at one time
- compatible with java.io and java.nio interfaces