Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
I'd like to re-organize the README, and focus on making it easier for users to find the information they need. The README is currently pretty long, and could be information overload. My current thinking is that the new README should be short, and focus on providing links to people based on their experience with test.check. I think something like the following three headings would be useful:
1. First time user. Show me what this is all about.
- Focus on 'seeing something cool' within five minutes. Maybe include some example tests in examples/. This way new users can simply clone the repository and run a test in under two minutes.
2. Still getting started, show me some tutorials and examples.
- This will probably build on the existing doc/intro.md file, which currently describes how to write generators.
3. Existing user, show me API documentation, release notes, advanced techniques.
- API documentation
- Release-notes, make it clear these are up-to-date, and have clear instructions when there are breaking changes
- Advanced techniques/tutorials