- The "master" branch in GitHub must have a pom.xml file with a -SNAPSHOT version, not a bare version number
- Log in to Hudson
- Navigate to your project's home page (example)
- Click "Perform Maven Release" link on the left
- On the "Perform Maven Release" page:
- Select "Specify one version for all modules"
- In the "Release Version" field, enter the version number for this release of your project
- This will normally be the current development version with the "-SNAPSHOT" suffix removed
- In the "Development version" field, enter the version number for the subsequent development version of your project
- This will end with "-SNAPSHOT"
- Click "Schedule Maven Release Build"
- After the build completes successfully:
- `git pull` on your development machine to get the new release tags
- The release JAR file will be uploaded to the Sonatype OSS staging repositoryWithin 24 hours, the release JAR file will be uploaded
- The release will automatically be copied to the Maven Central repository within 24 hours (usually 1-2 hours)
- Don't forget to update the project README if it recommends a version to users.
Contrib Release Numbering Policy